Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Critic - Rate Movies Here

Name: ODIOUS

Default Movie Critic - Rate Movies Here

I gotta give Skyfall a 7-8. Only because we have started to descend into the aged flabby Bond we grewup with much too soon. What we need are 2-3 more of the blue-eyed gorilla we were hit with in Caino Royale. Then an easing into middle age where he starts to uses more his noggin and cool gadgetry instead of his brute strength. That way he finds more time to get laid. The old Bonds had an average of 3-4 trists per movie. All different, all had awesome names. In this reboot I cheer if he gets laid once.
    Cowards die many times before their deaths
    The valiant never taste of death but once.

Margarita Peace Keeper Thrasher's Avatar

Name: Thrasher
    VIN: 2007/0049

Default Re: Movie Critic - Rate Movies Here

Quote Originally Posted by ODIOUS View Post
    I gotta give Skyfall a 7-8. Only because we have started to descend into the aged flabby Bond we grewup with much too soon. What we need are 2-3 more of the blue-eyed gorilla we were hit with in Caino Royale. Then an easing into middle age where he starts to uses more his noggin and cool gadgetry instead of his brute strength. That way he finds more time to get laid. The old Bonds had an average of 3-4 trists per movie. All different, all had awesome names. In this reboot I cheer if he gets laid once.
    Damn Odious arent you being a little tough I'm sure the real Bond would get laid at every corner but in todays world of PC perhaps he has to be more appealing to everybody. I know 10 is High but I compare it to other Bonds of which there were many 10s.
    “Calling upon my years of experience, I froze at the controls.”
    – Stirling Moss
    The Sun Never Sets on the 07 Empire!

Name: mike
    VIN: 00868

watched 'Warrior' last night on the Netflix, and although it was over 2 hours long it held my attention pretty well. that and the fact i was riding my trainer (road bike on a stand with a roller, you perverts). follows 2 brothers that needing life changes find themselves going back to their previous MMA careers. the ending 30 mins is predictable but the last 10 is nothing but! I would recommend watching.
    Last edited by f4ighter; Jan 4th, 2013 at 06:05 PM. Reason: cause i cant spell good
    Bad news, its open season on chumps and I just got my permit.
    -07 Repsol- like white on rice. Giggity.
    -02 F4i Streetfighter- it wins trophies and sh1t
    -06 AnvEd R6- "20k redline" beater

Name: Matt

Quote Originally Posted by f4ighter View Post
    watched 'Warrior' last night on the Netflix, and although it was over 2 hours long it held my attention pretty well. that and the fact i was riding my trainer (road bike on a stand with a roller, you perverts). follows 2 brothers that needing life changes find themselves going back to their previous MMA careers. the ending 30 mins is predictable but the last 10 is nothing but! I would recommend watching.
    Warrior is definitely a good movie.

I am dying at the moment, watching Ted.
    If loud pipes save lives, imagine how many would be saved by learning to ride!

Name: mike
    VIN: 00868

Quote Originally Posted by ddgith View Post
    Warrior is definitely a good movie.

I am dying at the moment, watching Ted.
    hiiiiilarious. the name part from the preview, flash gordan..... holy santa-clause sh1t. im peeing a little just thinking about it.
    Bad news, its open season on chumps and I just got my permit.
    -07 Repsol- like white on rice. Giggity.
    -02 F4i Streetfighter- it wins trophies and sh1t
    -06 AnvEd R6- "20k redline" beater

Name: Hillbilly

Default Movie Critic - Rate Movies Here

I went to watch Ted at the theatre and thought I'd pissed my pants. First day it was out on the shelf I bought it. Had to being a Seth MacFarlene fan.
    When in doubt, power out!

Name: Ali

Two french movies:

Ne le dis a personne (2006)

and

Les petit mouchoirs (2010)

Both very good movies. Brigitte may know these George.

My watch list nearly is the same as George, I would however not give Skyfall a 10, but a 7 or 8. Looking forward to the movies this year too. We're gonna watch Jack Reacher tonight.

I will see if I can find those Movies, I'm sure Brigitte wont know them she really dosent pay attention to the French but I'm sure she would be happy to see them..

Check these two out I'm sure you have seen them but if not they are great

Jean de Florette http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091288/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Manon des sources (Manon of the Spring) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091480/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2
    – Stirling Moss

Name: Shane
    VIN: 07/0286

Ooooooooh wee, can't wait...!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=th1NTVIhUQU
    Quote Originally Posted by Repsol Dave View Post
    Long live the Magnificent '07!!! ()
    Quote Originally Posted by ddgith
    I think an 07 guy should have to pay triple the value, since "yours is the 'sweetest' machine"

Star Trek was very good
    – Stirling Moss

I'm waiting for this one to come out!

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
    Star Trek was very good

They did a great job with the sequel. Khan is a beast! Kept me at the edge of my seat. I'm ready for Star Trek 3, 4, 5 & 6...!
    I think an 07 guy should have to pay triple the value, since "yours is the 'sweetest' machine"

Caught The Apparition last night and was not impressed.

Movie 43. Like old school Amazon Women on the Moon.

Haven't laughed that hard in awhile, and it's awesome to see some of Hollywood's biggest talent having fun.

Superman - Man of Steel

One word. Phenomenal...!

Forget everything you think you know about Superman and expect to be blown away. This movie was well done and I hope and expect the following DC movies to follow suit leading up to and climaxing with Justice League. This would put them on the same level as Marvel with and the Avengers...

Name: Ali

Quote Originally Posted by waialaeboy View Post
    Superman - Man of Steel

One word. Phenomenal...!

Forget everything you think you know about Superman and expect to be blown away. This movie was well done and I hope and expect the following DC movies to follow suit leading up to and climaxing with Justice League. This would put them on the same level as Marvel with and the Avengers...
    Can't wait to see this one. It's opening here on Thursday!

Name: William
    VIN: 2005/0520

Default Re: Movie Critic - Rate Movies Here... Would War Z

Okay, here's my little review of Would War Z:

First off, let me make one thing clear... this is not an action movie. The scenes shown in the trailer with heaps of zombies overrunning vehicles and scaling walls doesn't have much to do with the story. Those scenes are pretty much most of the mad zombie moments you will see in the film. This is not your typical zombie movie where a small group of misfits find themselves in the middle of a zombie outbreak and have to fight their way through... loosing one or two at a time in very gruesome zombie attacks. There is not much if any gore in this film, it is a more cerebral look at a zombie apocalypse.

That being said, it was an interesting film, filled with tense scenes and edge of your seat moments that will make you uncomfortable to some degree, and a solution that you would never expect. I was actually pretty surprised when the film was coming to an end as I didn't feel like there was much closure to the story... setting up for a sequel maybe?

Basically, if you're a zombie fan, it may be hit or miss with you. I tend to like most anything zombie related, so I can say I did enjoy the film. Will it share a spot in my Bluray collection, probably not but I might give it another chance when it come on video.

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Okay, here's my little review of Would War Z:

First off, let me make one thing clear... this is not an action movie. The scenes shown in the trailer with heaps of zombies overrunning vehicles and scaling walls doesn't have much to do with the story. Those scenes are pretty much most of the mad zombie moments you will see in the film. This is not your typical zombie movie where a small group of misfits find themselves in the middle of a zombie outbreak and have to fight their way through... loosing one or two at a time in very gruesome zombie attacks. There is not much if any gore in this film, it is a more cerebral look at a zombie apocalypse.

That being said, it was an interesting film, filled with tense scenes and edge of your seat moments that will make you uncomfortable to some degree, and a solution that you would never expect. I was actually pretty surprised when the film was coming to an end as I didn't feel like there was much closure to the story... setting up for a sequel maybe?

Basically, if you're a zombie fan, it may be hit or miss with you. I tend to like most anything zombie related, so I can say I did enjoy the film. Will it share a spot in my Bluray collection, probably not but I might give it another chance when it come on video.
    That's actually good news, William, since the book was not about the "war" but about the stories from around the world of the outbreak and the survivors. I was irritated when I saw trailers and was telling my nephew "That's not what the book was at all.." but it sounds like they visualized the stories in the books (hence the zombie scenes)

Name: William
    VIN: 2005/0520

Quote Originally Posted by ddgith View Post
    That's actually good news, William, since the book was not about the "war" but about the stories from around the world of the outbreak and the survivors. I was irritated when I saw trailers and was telling my nephew "That's not what the book was at all.." but it sounds like they visualized the stories in the books (hence the zombie scenes)
    Yeah, my buddy was telling me that the book was basically people being interviewed after the fact about the events they witnessed. I can tell you that the movie tells a story, not as if looking back, but as it is happening with no references to people being interviewed about the past.

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Yeah, my buddy was telling me that the book was basically people being interviewed after the fact about the events they witnessed. I can tell you that the movie tells a story, not as if looking back, but as it is happening with no references to people being interviewed about the past.
    That's ok. It would have been a hard thing to try and catch in a movie. I don't need strict adherence to a book, but a nod will do. Unlike Starship Troopers.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast