Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fresh Rubber.........

Master of '09 Hotness! Repsol Dave's Avatar

Name: Dave
    VIN: 2009 #00240

Default Fresh Rubber.........

Mounted a set of Bridgestone BT 003's last week. Got 'em scrubbed in and already I'm liking them more than the 016's or for that matter any other tire I've run. I plan on really taking them to task this weekend. I'll let ya know how they do. (at least on the street. It's gonna be awhile before I can back on the track on account of the bank says no track days for a little while.... )
    Last edited by Repsol Dave; Jul 27th, 2012 at 07:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by waialaeboy View Post
    ..............Maybe you shoulda picked up an '09...:
    The Sun Never Sets on the '09 Empire!
    RIDE LIKE DAVE!

Name: Shane
    VIN: 07/0286

Default Re: Fresh Rubber.........

My good buddy just threw on the BT 003's (after coming highly recommended from Brad @ SBS) and them shoes after a short run looked sticky-icky-icky. He was already taking me around the outside with the 2CT's, I'm almost afraid how badly he's gonna walk me with these new Bridgestones...
    Quote Originally Posted by Repsol Dave View Post
    Long live the Magnificent '07!!! ()
    Quote Originally Posted by ddgith
    I think an 07 guy should have to pay triple the value, since "yours is the 'sweetest' machine"

Name: Matt

Only downside to the 003's are the low life to them....other than that, they are a good price tire, even for the track.
    If loud pipes save lives, imagine how many would be saved by learning to ride!

Name: Jenna
    VIN: #1209

I need new tires
    "We don't ride fast, we fly low"

My good buddy just threw on the BT 003's (after coming highly recommended from Brad @ SBS) and them shoes after a short run looked sticky-icky-icky. He was already taking me around the outside with the 2CT's, I'm almost afraid how badly he's gonna walk me with these new Bridgestones...
    Yeah I'm looking forward to beating up on my pals in the twisties!!

Quote Originally Posted by ddgith View Post
    Only downside to the 003's are the low life to them....other than that, they are a good price tire, even for the track.
    Yeah Matt, I got the scoop on the short life span. I'm prepared to trade longevity for more grip. I also hear they ain't quite the greatest in the wet. But I don't get caught in the rain too often.
    RIDE LIKE DAVE!

Name: Matt

They get squirrely when they get older....you'll know they should be replaced by feel before you see it.
    If loud pipes save lives, imagine how many would be saved by learning to ride!

Quote Originally Posted by ddgith View Post
    They get squirrely when they get older....you'll know they should be replaced by feel before you see it.
    Thanks for that! I'll look out for that! The 016's felt good through their life. I rode them down to the cords.
    RIDE LIKE DAVE!

Ok, took the 003's to task today. All I got to say is HOLY STICK TO THE ROAD Batman!!!!! These things are ultra super goooey sticky!!! talk about confidence inspiring!! The bike corners like it's on rails!!! (a proper suspension set up is also key.) Can't wait to get these on the track and really stick it to 'em! (pun intended...)

I'll be out this Sunday rippin' twisties, with these bad boys! You got Pirellis on your Duc, Dunlops on your R1, Michelins on your Gixxer? I'm comin' for ya! Don't even think about ducking into a corner with me!!! No matter what you think you got, it ain't gonna be enough!!!

Ooooh I'm mad with power!

Can ya tell I like the tires?
    RIDE LIKE DAVE!

Name: David
    VIN: 00016

I am pretty sure anybody that tries the 003's would be impressed by them. Except maybe the ones that only do burn out at stop lights. And to top it off, they aren't that expensive. I heard Bridgestone came out with a new tire, but until they discontinue these, I will stick with them.

Yeah man!!! These Hokum Smoke 'ums are waaaaay heavy on the bang, and light on the buck!!!! At the price I can get these, who cares how long they last!
    RIDE LIKE DAVE!

Name: Aaron
    VIN: '05

Ok, took the 003's to task today. All I got to say is HOLY STICK TO THE ROAD Batman!!!!! These things are ultra super goooey sticky!!! talk about confidence inspiring!! The bike corners like it's on rails!!! (a proper suspension set up is also key.) Can't wait to get these on the track and really stick it to 'em! (pun intended...)

I'll be out this Sunday rippin' twisties, with these bad boys! You got Pirellis on your Duc, Dunlops on your R1, Michelins on your Gixxer? I'm comin' for ya! Don't even think about ducking into a corner with me!!! No matter what you think you got, it ain't gonna be enough!!!

Ooooh I'm mad with power!

Can ya tell I like the tires?
    Take a deep breath Dave and settle down.... I take it you like your new rubber??? Did that sound weird?

GO GET EM' DAVE!
    My drinking team has a racing problem...

Yeah man!!! These Hokum Smoke 'ums are waaaaay heavy on the bang, and light on the buck!!!! At the price I can get these, who cares how long they last!
    Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the set and where you sourced them from...?
    I think an 07 guy should have to pay triple the value, since "yours is the 'sweetest' machine"

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the set and where you sourced them from...?
    STG $230 shipped!

Although, Sticky as they are, I do have to say. With the amount of riding I do, I can see they're not gonna live very long.......
    Last edited by Repsol Dave; Jun 19th, 2012 at 06:59 AM.
    RIDE LIKE DAVE!

STG $230 shipped!

Although, Sticky as they are, I do have to say. With the amount of riding I do, I can see they're not gonna live very long.......
    But like you said, for the price and for what you get, it may well be worth it. A lot of places (like MotoSport) won't ship tires to Hawaii, period. So we can't get the great online deals etc. that you all can. I had a rear Pure mounted for about the same price you paid for both your tires. And that's the 'bro' price I got...

If I were putting as many hard miles as you do every year, I'd gladly pay for new rubber every year. Heck twice a year if need be. Consider that I just paid a little over $1G to replace all four of my Tundras tires...

Ok, I know I promised to post up about how these tires performed on the track.. So here's my humble, and by no means expert opinion.

For years Bridgestone, for me was always the "I'll never ever run these" tire. I bounced around between Pirellli's, Dunlops, and Michelin's. I always thought the Pirelli's were just too expensive. I ran Michelin Hi Sport II's for a few years, and was very happy with them, until they were discontinued. I didn't really like the original pilots, so I jumped ship to Dunlop. I stayed with those for a while from D206's through D208's all the way to the Q2's. (Of which I still have a set on my Yamaha and like very much)

But those days are over!!!! (for now.) When I first picked up my Reppie, it was wearing new BT-016's. It was always my intention to switch to Q2's after a wore them out. But during the process, I developed a liking for the BT-016's So after shredding 2 sets, I was going for my third, when I decided to give the 003's race/street a shot. You only have to read my previous post in this thread to tell I loved them right away. Well the love affair continued onto the track!! Dump the pressure's and have at it!! I ran 31psi front and 28psi rear. It was 97 degrees and I was very much concerned about these tires getting way greasy way fast. But it didn't happen. They stuck great throughout the day and never once did I feel a bad slip or did they give me a scare. I'm no pro racer, but I'm no slouch either and am quite aggressive. The Thunderbolt track at NJMP is 2.25 miles and 12 turns. Once I was comfortable my fastest laps were mid 1:40's. (To the best of my knowledge Matt Maladin holds the track record with a 1:21.) Of course there ain't too much left of my beloved first set of BT-003's But I will be getting another set! I highly recommend these tires!! If you want to go with a tire that will live longer my buddy ran the Bridgestone S20's on his 848 and also has great things to say about them. All in all Bridgestone is no longer the "never use" tire. in my opinion.

I'd like to point out:
    1) A proper suspension set up and good riding skills are paramount to getting the most out of any tire.
    2) This is just my experiences and opinion. Of course a huge part of tire selection is personal preference.
    Last edited by Repsol Dave; Jul 27th, 2012 at 08:55 PM.
    RIDE LIKE DAVE!

So, I'm guessing you like the Bridgestones...!

Great review on the tires Brooks and sounds like you had fun wearing the rubber off your tires. Any pics or vids...?

So, I'm guessing you like the Bridgestones...!

Great review on the tires Brooks and sounds like you had fun wearing the rubber off your tires. Any pics or vids...?
    I'm waiting for my buddy to get me the vids from his gopro. I don't think he wants to cough 'em up cause the only shots of me are when I went blowin' by him.
    RIDE LIKE DAVE!

Ok so I revisited this thread because, as the title states, I got fresh rubber today!! If you read my previous post then you know how I felt about my beloved Bridgestone BT-003's. Then I wound up with a set of Michelin 2ct's, that were given to me as a gift. I couldn't wait to get them off the bike! So this morning I mounted up a pair of Bridgestone's new RS-10's, 120/70 on the front and 190/55 for the rear. I pumped 'em up to the recommended pressure for street riding, and headed out to see what they had to offer.

Let me put this in all caps and bold so you clearly get the point: IF YOU LIKED THE 003'S, YOU'RE GONNA LOVE THE RS-10'S!!!!!!

A little history here: The original R-10, which Bridgestone released a coupe of years ago, was a "Race only" tire primarily do to the fact that it cools down quickly after use and would not withstand multiple heat cycles. Racers raved about them and I read and got firsthand reports that it was an absolutely fantastic tire. Despite Bridgestone's strong warnings that it was a race only tire and not suitable for street riding, or even track day use, (Unless warmers are used to keep the tire hot.), plenty of people used 'em on the street anyway with mixed results. Enter the RS-10. This is a true DOT race tire, possessing the attributes of it's race only brother, but approved for street use and lauded as a first rate track day tire.

So I suited up, fired up the Reppie and headed out to rip my favorite fast and tight twistie roads. After behaving for a whlie so I could get them scrubbed in, (and get far enough away from civilization,) I returned to my typical heavy throttle hand, high RPM, kick the snot outta the gearbox style of riding. The RS-10's didn't even hiccup! No slips no slides, just never ending grip! They turn in fast and controlled and felt great all day. They feel like their glued to the road even under the heaviest of braking and the tightest corners. Similarly, the incredible grip getting on the power coming out of corners made for lots of big grinning from within my helmet!! When I was done, I had put about 350 miles of back roads on my new tires, only letting them rest long enough to refill the fuel tank. I'm very comfortable saying that these are by far, the best tires I have ever ridden. I can't wait to get them on the track!!!! But don't take my word for it, pick up a set. YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!!
    RIDE LIKE DAVE!

Name: Manny
    VIN: 2009 #00943

I thought about replacing the Shinkos that came with my bike with the Bridgestone 003's but after watching this video I decided on the T30's:

Name: Michael
    VIN: 2005/01174

Well two flat tires. Never seen it. but WTF. so I ordered Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP V2 Front and Rear Tires from Revzilla $435.00 to my door. plus $20.00 back towards next purchase.

Original Equipment on the Ducati Panigale, the new SP Version 2 Diablo Supercorsa features the same tread design used in the 2012 World Superstock 1000 championship. High modulus fiber carcass offers a lower deformation ratio and makes the entire structure stiffer to allow a better synergy between compounds and tire carcass. Single Element Tread Pattern permits a 24% larger slick shoulder area (vs. previous Diablo Supercorsa), increasing contact area and grip and wear regularity. New compounds offer great balance of mileage and grip in an ultra-high-performance product. Rear tire uses Pirelli's patented EPT (enhanced patch technology) matched with a tri-zone compound that helps optimize the contact patch for improved grip and handling.

Features:
    Single Groove Technology greatly improves wear
    Bi-Compound rear tire with slick shoulder for racing-like performance
    WSBK derived materials and structure for increased agility and intuitive handling
    Innovating and exclusive Pirelli-patented high-modulus carcass Lyocel fiber
    Tire profile features variable geometry from the center to the shoulders for an increase in contact patch and quicker entry into turns
    Tire carcass has variable density from center to the shoulders to provide maximum linearity and stability through turns and to maintain optimal trajectory
    TL (tubeless)
    (W)-rated for speeds of 168+ MPH
    200/55-17 is OE for Ducati 1199 Panigale
    190/55-17 is OE for CBR 1000rr Repsol
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough." - Nicky Hayden R.I.P. 2017

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast