Zero sulfation for longer service life
    Holds unloaded charge for one year without maintenance
    Military spec Carbon Composite Case
    Faster cranking for better starts
    Super-fast recharge rate
    No explosive gasses during charge, no lead, no acid
    Environmentally friendly
    Two-Year Warranty!

Shorai recommends NOT using a charger/tender if it has an automatic "desulfation mode," which cannot be turned off. Shorai has confirmed with Deltran, makers of the "Battery Tender" brand, that their products do NOT have a desulfation mode, and are therefore OK for use with Shorai LFX. However the best possible charger/tender for Shorai LFX is the Shorai SHO-BMS01 Battery Management System.
    Case Size 1: 148mm length
    Case Size 2: 113mm length
    Case Size 3: 166mm length
    Case Size 4: 148mm length
    Case Size 5: 134mm length
    Case Size 6: 148mm length

See Shorai Specifications and Dimensions data sheet (pdf) for fitment guide and specifications.

Please Note: It is extremely important that you use only the appropriate battery for your bike! A battery with incorrect amperage may damage the battery or worse yet, your ride.

Shorai Batteries may not be a drop in replacement, some modification to battery box, terminals etc may be necessary. AND THEY DONT CATCH FIRE.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150303_102400.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	187.9 KB 
ID:	46320 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150303_102518.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	163.4 KB 
ID:	46321 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150303_112847.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	205.0 KB 
ID:	46322 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150303_112856.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	221.4 KB 
ID:	46323 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150303_114000.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	167.5 KB 
ID:	46324 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150303_102108.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	163.4 KB 
ID:	46325
    Last edited by crapgame; Mar 8th, 2015 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Update

Name: Greg
    VIN: 00616

Default Re: SHORAI BATTERY

Sounds like a commerical advertisement to me...
    I like Braille
    '73 Hon CB350G, '06 Hon NSF100, '06 Yam R1 LE #301, '06 Duc 999R Xerox #60, '07 Duc 1098S Tricolore, '07 Hon CBR1000RR Repsol, '08 Yam R1 Fiat #196, '09 Duc 1098R Bayliss LE #217

Name: Michael
    VIN: 2005/01174

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PRIUS ON FIRE.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	46342 PRIUS LITHIUM ION
    Quote Originally Posted by oldracer27 View Post
    I like Braille
    OLDRACER likes BRAILLE
    Lithium Ion

Braille Battery has lead the way by being the first in the World to offer a lithium starting battery which fits directly into Original Equipment applications. Braille’s Lithium Batteries offers extreme weight benefits and a longer service life. A racer that uses the Lithium product can charge the battery from depleted to full charge in less than 30 minutes, save over 70% on battery weight, and have three times the average life cycle. Trusted by factory racing teams like Audi, Aston Martin, BMW, Corvette Racing, Ferrari, Ford, Jaguar, Lamborghini, Lola, Mazda, Nissan, Porsche, Toyota, and other marques exclusively.* This proven technology is available now for enthusiast and manufactures alike.

150 to 3200 amps

Five times the amperage of similar sized lead acid batteries.

Above 12 volts

Performance up to 3 times longer, and provides constant cranking performance for extended periods of time.

Sealed Safe Technology

Allows for positioning in any direction with no acid or hazardous chemicals spilling.

Green Friendly

RoHS compliant lead free product with a modular design for longer life and less environmental waste.

True-Torque Posts

Transmit the highest amperage to your starter.

Built and Shipped in the USA

Fully charged and performance certified. DOT approved. CRAPGAME :
    Last edited by crapgame; Mar 8th, 2015 at 12:28 PM. Reason: update

Name: Tom
    VIN: 00223

+1

I have a Shorai in mine. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by oldracer27 View Post
    I like Braille
    Oh, forgot to mention I was given several of them to try out....noth'n better than freebe's, eh!
    '73 Hon CB350G, '06 Hon NSF100, '06 Yam R1 LE #301, '06 Duc 999R Xerox #60, '07 Duc 1098S Tricolore, '07 Hon CBR1000RR Repsol, '08 Yam R1 Fiat #196, '09 Duc 1098R Bayliss LE #217

Name: Paul
    VIN: 2015/0111

Smile Re: SHORAI BATTERY

What model of the Braille apply to our Repsol?
    Also,has anyone heard of/tried EarthX. There's talk of their built in BMS over on the forum I frequent for my Fury.
    Last edited by paul13131313; Mar 8th, 2015 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Add text.
    2015 Repsol SP,Sato lever guards,HRC reservoir socks,Tech Spec clear tank pads,4x Go Pro mounts,Shorai battery,Shock recall completed,Repsol Hugger,R&G Ti radiator guard,frame and f/r axle sliders,tail tidy,Motobriiz chain luber,Rene/FP Racing rear caliper relocator bracket in BK Camo. 2013 Red Fury for a daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by paul13131313 View Post
    What model of the Braille apply to our Repsol?
    Also,has anyone heard of/tried EarthX. There's talk of their built in BMS over on the forum I frequent for my Fury.
    Green-Lite G9
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Braille Green-Lite G9.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	46340
    It's smaller than stock Yuasa battery but comes with a foam kit to fit it into the battery box.

To add a bit of detail to the Shorai vs. Braille lessons; the Shorai is a Lithium Iron vs. the Braille is a Lithium ION.
    Two very different technologies. Lithium ION is higher power density & lighter mass than Lithium Iron.

After reviewing some tech articles, the big performance concern is the recharging characteristics. Lithium Iron stays cool during charging whilst the Lithium ION heats up and can get into a run-away heat mode. YIKES! I might have to rethink my choice of Braille vs. Shorai.

While at COTA for the first MotoGP event there in 2013, the Yamaha Tech 3 garages caught fire Wednesday night due to some Lithium ION batteries being left on a charger. The garage area fire suppression system worked flawlessly otherwise the entire garage area could have burned down. It was quite the sight when I got there early Thursday morning; lots of damage.

Here's the tech article I found:

Comparison of Lithium Ion to Lithium Iron Battery

written by: Umair Mirza • edited by: Lamar Stonecypher • updated: 2/15/2013

What are the major differences between Lithium Ion and Lithium Iron batteries? Is the only difference the letter "R" in "iron" versus "ion"? Hardly. This article will describe the numerous differences between those two rechargeable batteries.

Lithium Ion vs Lithium Iron Batteries

A lithium-ion battery (a.k.a Li-ion) is rechargeable kind of battery with lithium cobalt dioxide (LiCoO2) or lithium manganese oxide (LiMn2O4) as a cathode. On the other hand, a lithium-iron battery is also a rechargeable type of battery but made with lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) as the cathode material. Generally, anodes are made up of carbon in both batteries. Actually lithium-iron is a newer version in the lithium battery family.

The low discharge rate in idle state and high energy density make lithium batteries suitable for consumer electronics devices such as laptops, cameras, portable DVD players, etc. These days these batteries are also finding good applications in electric vehicles and military appliances.

Comparison of the two for the following parameters is given below.

Safety

Safety is the first concern for any battery being used in portable devices. It should not get overheated or catch fire in case of overcharging. The Lithium-iron battery has edge over the Li-ion battery in such situations. It has superior chemical and thermal stability. A Lithium-iron battery remains cool at room temperature while the Li-ion may suffer thermal runaway and heats up faster under similar charging conditions. LiFePO4 is a nontoxic material, but LiCoO2 is hazardous in nature, so is not considered a safe material. Lithium cobalt dioxide is an allergen to eyes and skin. It could cause a major harm if swallowed. Disposal of Li-ion battery is a big concern for the manufacturer and user.

Air Plane Incidents reported due to Li-Ion Batteries

Li-Ion battery packs are considered a high risk material for airplanes. In a number of incidents this battery during the time of March 20, 1991 to May 18, 2011, according to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), was found the common reason for some plane crashes.
    1. A UPS jet carrying Lithium-ion batteries fatally crashed near Dubai as these batteries caused a fire on the main deck.
    2. In another incident, a cargo plane from South Korea crashed into the southern coastal waters. This was also carrying shipment of Li-ion battery packs.
    3. On March 21, 2011 another airplane incident happened. According to the initial report, Federal Express reported that the package offered for air shipment from Mumbai, India to Shenzen, China "was observed to be smoking by a customs official at the facility in Guangahou, China. Subsequent investigation indicated that the package contained the Li-ion batteries contained in equipment including Lithium polymer batteries." (Source: FAA Batteries and Battery Powered devices (PDF). So the administration of many countries has signaled a big no for transporting lithium-ion batteries, at least in bulk, not in personal devices (so far), via planes.

Performance

Performance is a major criteria to choose a suitable battery for an application. Long life, slow discharge rate and less weight should be basic features of a daily use battery. Lithium iron batteries are slightly heavier and more bulky in size than Lithium ion batteries. For this reason Li-iron is more commonly used for portable devices. The discharge rate of a Li-ion battery keeps increasing over the time as compared to Li-iron. But a brand new Li-ion battery has more energy density than a Lithium-iron battery and thus delivers better performance for a few initial days.

Durability, Reliability, and Cost Effectiveness

Battery life is defined by the number of charge/discharge cycles a battery can survive. Li-iron is more durable than Li-ion as the former lasts for around 2000 charge/discharge cycles while the later survives up to 1000 cycles. When not in use, a battery should not lose its charge at a faster rate. It should deliver almost same performance if using after a year or so. This so called shelf life is around 350 days for lithium-iron and about 300 days for a lithium-ion battery. Cobalt is more expensive than the iron and phosphate used in Li-iron. So the lithium-iron phosphate battery costs less (safer materials make it less expensive to manufacture and to recycle) to the consumer than the lithium-ion battery.

Lithium Ion Vs Lithium Ion Polymer Batteries

Lithium-ion batteries came into being in 1979 and were available for consumers in the late 90s while lithium polymer batteries came into existence in the 90s. Li-ion batteries have more capacity than Li-polymer and have an even larger size than Li-po. Both Li-ion and Li-polymer batteries are secondary batteries, i.e. rechargeable, and are more costly to manufacture than nickel-based rechargeable batteries. Following are some basic differences between these two batteries.
    • Lithium-ion polymer batteries or LiPo’s chemical composition is different from Li-Ion battery. The electrolyte used in Li-polymer is a nonconducting solid polymer composite (polyacrylonitrile), which allows ion exchange between the two electrodes.
    • The cell thickness of Li-polymer is less (0.039 inches) than Li-ion.
    • The battery life of Li-polymer is slightly lesser than the Li-ion battery.
    • Li-Po is safer for overcharging situations, unlike Li-Ion. There is less probability of electrolyte leakage for Li-polymer batteries.
    • LiPo’s manufacturing cost is less than the Li-ion. LiPo are quite rugged and adapt to variety of shapes.
    • Lithium polymer batteries are used in consumer market applications such as in PDAs and cell phones. Its use has also started in applications such as radio controlled aircraft or cars.

References
    • Image by Awn Muhammad
    • Bright Hub - The Care and Feeding of your Mobile Phone Battery
    • Lithium Polymer Vs Lithium Ion which is best?, http://www.zenilshroff.com/lithium-p...e-is-the-best/
    • Image From Flicker, by scalespeeder
    • Lithium Iron Phosphate battery, http://www.efirstpower.com/li.html
    • Lithium Iron Vs Lithium Ion, http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com...echargeable-li thium-iron-battery-better-lithium-ion-battery
    • Batteries and Battery Powered devices, http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/...dent_chart.pdf

Cool Re: SHORAI BATTERY

Had a Shorai in my 09. Thought it was amazing technology when I saw it at the bike show,mainly because it looked like a motorcycle battery.It felt like the weight of a foam coffee cup full of coffee. Replaced the stock battery after two years,after buying the battery six months before.
    Read a test of it,not positive, over on an adventure website,about 50 pages long and,despite the cold weather limitation (easily dealt with),flimsy terminals (revised design),and having to buy a special charger to balance the cells.
    I ride everyday,enjoyed the quick spin over of the motor and looked forward to not needing a new battery for four to six years.The day it got below 40 degrees,I just left the key on for thirty seconds and left for work as usual.

My questions on the other brands are just that.I'm curious before I purchase.The Shorai was the best battery purchase I made since studying up on lead acid maintenance for the battery in my 1975 Gold Wing (Sears 2/1 amp charger,distilled water and watching the battery bubble when fully charged!)
    2015 Repsol SP,Sato lever guards,HRC reservoir socks,Tech Spec clear tank pads,4x Go Pro mounts,Shorai battery,Shock recall completed,Repsol Hugger,R&G Ti radiator guard,frame and f/r axle sliders,tail tidy,Motobriiz chain luber,Rene/FP Racing rear caliper relocator bracket in BK Camo. 2013 Red Fury for a daily driver.

Name: Joe
    VIN: 00250

I have Shorai batteries in my '02 RC51 and '11 CBR1000RR and really like the way they hold a charge. The winter was pretty bad here and the bikes sat a lot longer than usual. Both bikes fired right up after sitting for more than two months, without having to be re-charged. I haven't put one in my '12 KTM RC8 yet, but the battery in it is almost new. When it needs a replacement, it will get another Shorai.
    '11 CBR100RR Repsol
    '02 RC51
    '80 CBX
    '65 CB77 Vintage Racer

Cool Re: SHORAI BATTERY

Turned the key in the Repsol and nothing happened. Hooked up Shorai charger and followed instructions. Overnight charge and back on the road today!