Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mugello 2016 SPOILER ALERT

Margarita Peace Keeper Thrasher's Avatar

Name: Thrasher
    VIN: 2007/0049

Default Mugello 2016 SPOILER ALERT

One of the best races in a long time very close competition between Rossi and Lorenzo at the beginning until The Doctors engine exploded, Then a spectacular battle at the end between Marquez and Lorenzo.. So Awesome

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2016/0...retires/201850
    “Calling upon my years of experience, I froze at the controls.”
    – Stirling Moss
    The Sun Never Sets on the 07 Empire!

Name: Paul
    VIN: 2015/0111

Cool Re: Mugello 2016 SPOILER ALERT

Yes it was fun to watch!
    2015 Repsol SP,Sato lever guards,HRC reservoir socks,Tech Spec clear tank pads,4x Go Pro mounts,Shorai battery,Shock recall completed,Repsol Hugger,R&G Ti radiator guard,frame and f/r axle sliders,tail tidy,Motobriiz chain luber,Rene/FP Racing rear caliper relocator bracket in BK Camo. 2013 Red Fury for a daily driver.

Name: Jenna
    VIN: #1209

Default Re: Mugello 2016 SPOILER ALERT

That was a great race!
    I've watched every race this season (usually don't)... And it has yet to disappoint.
    I watched this at work wearing headphones... About 3 laps in it was pointed out I was making too much noise... Whoops!
    What a finish!
    "We don't ride fast, we fly low"

Name: Tony Montana
    VIN: year 2005 #0450

for those of you who think Jorge is no good.....well, he blocked two top riders several times, kept his cool landing the hammer on both riders..... Rossi's disappointment will rumble throughout the pits.....perhaps will blame the team saying Jorge got the best machine...

i feel sorry for Vinales....he will suffer dearly next season next to Rossi. Just like Nicky hayden when he was Rossi's team mate.

two Spaniards 1 and 2.....Viva Espana.!!!!!
    one by one

Name: Mario
    VIN: 2007 #00012

When either of those you mentioned in your post have 9 Moto Gp Championships under their belts then maybe they can be the BIG DOG of the team. Rossi is just a huge personality and brings in the $$$ Tony....when money talks, people listen.
    2001 Honda CBR1100XX...............1979 Honda CBX Red.......1978 Honda XL250S
    1984 Honda VF1000F Interceptor..1979 Honda CBX Silver....1987 Honda XL600R
    1982 Suzuki GS1000 Katana..........1976 Kawasaki KZ900......1982 Kawasaki GPz1100
    1995 Honda CB1000 Big One.........2006 Yamaha TW200

Name: Michael
    VIN: 2005/01174

Quote Originally Posted by ZZGIXXER View Post
    for those of you who think Jorge is no good.....well, he blocked two top riders several times, kept his cool landing the hammer on both riders..... Rossi's disappointment will rumble throughout the pits.....perhaps will blame the team saying Jorge got the best machine...

i feel sorry for Vinales....he will suffer dearly next season next to Rossi. Just like Nicky hayden when he was Rossi's team mate.

two Spaniards 1 and 2.....Viva Espana.!!!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spanish.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	47549
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough." - Nicky Hayden R.I.P. 2017

Quote Originally Posted by crapgame View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spanish.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	47549

LOL...LOL....
    one by one

Quote Originally Posted by SIXDOG View Post
    When either of those you mentioned in your post have 9 Moto Gp Championships under their belts then maybe they can be the BIG DOG of the team. Rossi is just a huge personality and brings in the $$$ Tony....when money talks, people listen.
    rossi is not the GOAT.....i believe Mick Doohan is. everything is about to change once Marquez wins this season.
    one by one

Doohan! You mentioned Rossi and I never said anything about Rossi being the GOAT. As far as marquez.....Woulda, coulda, shoulda Tony. I go with facts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...orld_champions
    Last edited by SIXDOG; May 25th, 2016 at 07:15 AM.
    1982 Suzuki GS1000 Katana..........1976 Kawasaki KZ900......1982 Kawasaki GPz1100

Doohan! You mentioned Rossi and I never said anything about Rossi being the GOAT. As far as marquez.....Woulda, coulda, shoulda Tony. I go with facts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...orld_champions

oh my god....this guy is from the dinosaur era !!!!..... lol.

the fights and battles will be between Jorge and Marquez in this season....i bet my money on Marquez
    one by one

Are you refering to Agostni?

Are you refering to Agostni?

yeah !!!! lol
    one by one

Name: Matt

rossi is not the GOAT.....i believe Mick Doohan is. everything is about to change once Marquez wins this season.
    Dude, your hatred of Rossi is blinding you to the skill.

The one thing all these "aliens" have in common is that they have all ridden on the machines that have been tamed by electronics.

Rossi is the ONLY champion on the grid that has won at ALL THE LEVELS OF GP...500, 880,990 etc...

Doohan raced 500's.

Agostini, to get the amount of titles he got, raced EVERYTHING...and it all counted as wins.

All of Rossi's wins are purely from the Premier class racing (125,250,500, GP)

No one else can say that.

I despise Stoner, but I recognize he could ride a bike.
    If loud pipes save lives, imagine how many would be saved by learning to ride!

What Matt said...

Quote Originally Posted by ddgith View Post
    Dude, your hatred of Rossi is blinding you to the skill.

The one thing all these "aliens" have in common is that they have all ridden on the machines that have been tamed by electronics.

Rossi is the ONLY champion on the grid that has won at ALL THE LEVELS OF GP...500, 880,990 etc...

Doohan raced 500's.

Agostini, to get the amount of titles he got, raced EVERYTHING...and it all counted as wins.

All of Rossi's wins are purely from the Premier class racing (125,250,500, GP)

No one else can say that.

I despise Stoner, but I recognize he could ride a bike.

dude, dude....do not compare Hatred with Opinions. i do not hate Rossi, in the contrary i have cheered for him for years....and im completely aware of his accomplishments. His accomplishments speak for themselves...but i seriously think that if two strokes would have stayed in the premier class....lot of riders would have suffered many and many more injuries. On the other hand....Mick doohan suffered dragstic injuries while racing the two strokes and perfecting the Nsr500, Doohan rode on the races while some of his injuries were still bleeding internally,cam very close on loosing one of his legs, technicians modifying Doohan's bike in order for him to ride to the limit and with a certain percentage of electronics which were not completely available like they are today...which later Rossi took over while the main crew chief, Jeremy Burgess following the honda team and Rossi....a crew chief with more than 25+ yers of experience working on Motogp bikes and the pits.
    one by one

Master of '09 Hotness! Repsol Dave's Avatar

Name: Dave
    VIN: 2009 #00240

Ok Monday morning quarterbacks!! Here's my two cents. Lorenzo got very very lucky this time. Don't get me wrong, he rode a fantastic and masterful race. (He's a great rider, he's just a butt hole of a human being.) Before Rossi's engine let go, he made it quite clear that he could get around Lorenzo whenever he wanted. I believe Rossi was just biding his time. Forcing Lorenzo to keep the pace up, and maybe make a mistake, or run out is tires. If neither happened, Rossi still had the drive to get around Lorenzo. Even after Rossi's engine blew up, Marquez was able to reel in Lorenzo. At no time in the race was Jorge able to get away an clear off from the front pack. And had Marquez not pulled the front wheel up going over the hill on the front straight, he would've beaten Lorenzo to the line and taken the win.

For his part in this, I think this was some of the best riding we've seen from Marquez yet. He was riding way past the limit. The bike was sliding all over the place. Yet he kept it under control, made his passes clean and showed a whole lot of maturity and true rider skills. This one was an edge of the seat, truly great race.

As for Rossi being the GOAT. Well there's a lot more to being a champion than just winning races and Rossi embodies all of it. So yeah I'd say he is the GOAT, for now. Someday someone else will come along and perhaps claim that title. But that rider will have a whole lot of work to do both on and off the track. And no matter what, Rossi will always be revered like no one else in MotoGP or motorcycle racing overall.

And a little side note.... If ya haven't heard. Bruce Antsey will be running a full on, HRC race prep'd RC213V for Padgetts Honda this year in The Isle of Man!
    Quote Originally Posted by waialaeboy View Post
    ..............Maybe you shoulda picked up an '09...:
    The Sun Never Sets on the '09 Empire!
    RIDE LIKE DAVE!

Quote Originally Posted by Repsol Dave View Post

As for Rossi being the GOAT. Well there's a lot more to being a champion than just winning races and Rossi embodies all of it. So yeah I'd say he is the GOAT, for now. Someday someone else will come along and perhaps claim that title. But that rider will have a whole lot of work to do both on and off the track. And no matter what, Rossi will always be revered like no one else in MotoGP or motorcycle racing overall.
    Great point, Dave.

Hailwood/Agostini were the GOAT before Rossi. I don't think Doohan every overtook Agostini or Mike H.

And eventually, someone will surpass Rossi. I think the challenge will be that Rossi rode so many different machines in the premier class itself.

s
    Great point, Dave.

Hailwood/Agostini were the GOAT before Rossi. I don't think Doohan every overtook Agostini or Mike H.

And eventually, someone will surpass Rossi. I think the challenge will be that Rossi rode so many different machines in the premier class itself.
    My question to you guys.....are the bikes now easier to ride to the limits then back in the early and late 90s.?? there is a big difference on bikes now.
    one by one

s

My question to you guys.....are the bikes now easier to ride to the limits then back in the early and late 90s.?? there is a big difference on bikes now.
    Yes.

The 500cc bikes were beasts...nowhere near the electronic control that they have on the machines now.

If you ever get the chance to get up close to a top tier bike, you will see what essentially looks like a console gaming pad on the left side, which is all the different maps for the ECU.

Master of '09 Hotness! Repsol Dave's Avatar

Name: Dave
    VIN: 2009 #00240

s

Yes.

The 500cc bikes were beasts...nowhere near the electronic control that they have on the machines now.

If you ever get the chance to get up close to a top tier bike, you will see what essentially looks like a console gaming pad on the left side, which is all the different maps for the ECU.
    Agreed. Todays bikes give the riders a lot more options for controlling the power, and how it's delivered and used. I don't know if easier, is the way I'd put it. It's a different mindset. Here's an interesting take on your question Tony: (Also, s little insight into who's got that adventurous, go for it spirit......) http://www.cycleworld.com/2015/08/18...stroke-engines
    Quote Originally Posted by waialaeboy View Post
    ..............Maybe you shoulda picked up an '09...:
    The Sun Never Sets on the '09 Empire!
    RIDE LIKE DAVE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast