Thread: Tech tried to ride my bike

Name: corey

Default Tech tried to ride my bike

I got new 15/43 gears and chain put on and after the guy got done he tried to get on the bike and ride it. I stopped him and said no one rides my bike but me. The lady at service said well no warranty on labor if he doesnt test ride it all shops test ride bikes after they work on them.
    Hmmmm Ive been to alot of shops to get work done and no one has ever tried to jump on my bike. Its been a long time since Ive had anyone do work on my bike since I usually do it myself is this something new that bike shops now do?
    LP smoked windscreen, smoked headlight covers, nickle plated frame sliders, Jardine RT1 Carbon fiber slip on, LP fender eliminator, Scorpio SR-i600, leds all over Luimoto seats pazzo levers power commander bmc race filters

Name: Tom
    VIN: 00044

Default Re: Tech tried to ride my bike

I've had other bikes ridden after service, but not anything but around the parking lot. The Repsol, no.
    Never love anything so much that you cannot leave it on a moments notice..except your Repsol..

Name: Paul
    VIN: 2015/0111

Cool Re: Tech tried to ride my bike

Mine does it with both bikes. Checks his work, beds the pads and etc.
    Sometimes I pick it up and the find the rear brake wasn't bled or rear axle bolt wasn't tightened. I just show it to the shop manager..
    Last edited by paul13131313; Jun 2nd, 2018 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Remove auto correction.
    2015 Repsol SP,Sato lever guards,HRC reservoir socks,Tech Spec clear tank pads,4x Go Pro mounts,Shorai battery,Shock recall completed,Repsol Hugger,R&G Ti radiator guard,frame and f/r axle sliders,tail tidy,Motobriiz chain luber,Rene/FP Racing rear caliper relocator bracket in BK Camo. 2013 Red Fury for a daily driver.

Name: corey

This is the first time Ive been to this shop and didnt know the guy at all I wasnt about to let a total stranger on it. I was watching him work on it and he kept slamming the gears trying to get the shifter off too. Ye I didnt like that at all.
    I always went to the same shop back home since the 90s and they never rode my bikes but down here I dont really go any shops anymore. I took my front wheel to purcells to get a tire put on it back in 2010 and the ****ers bent my wheel.
    I woulda done this myself but didnt have the patience to wait a few days for a chain tool to come in the mail and labor there was reasonable.
    LP smoked windscreen, smoked headlight covers, nickle plated frame sliders, Jardine RT1 Carbon fiber slip on, LP fender eliminator, Scorpio SR-i600, leds all over Luimoto seats pazzo levers power commander bmc race filters

Name: Hillbilly

I never let anyone ride my bikes. They can use a rear stand and run it through gears but thatís it. I do my own work unless itís something I want a warranty with. Then I just take it the parts (forks, wheels, etc).
    When in doubt, power out!

Name: Mario
    VIN: 2007 #00012

I don't like anyone riding my bikes....I do my own work.
    2001 Honda CBR1100XX...............1979 Honda CBX Red.......1978 Honda XL250S
    1984 Honda VF1000F Interceptor..1979 Honda CBX Silver....1987 Honda XL600R
    1982 Suzuki GS1000 Katana..........1976 Kawasaki KZ900......1982 Kawasaki GPz1100
    1995 Honda CB1000 Big One.........2006 Yamaha TW200