Thread: Cracked my top left fairing on 05 Rep

Name: corey

Default Cracked my top left fairing on 05 Rep

Saw cracks in it yesterday and have no idea how they got there. Looks like it may be from tightening the bolt too tight but I havnt touched that bolt in years. Anyone know where I can get oem fairings? Or the best place to get touch up paint.
    LP smoked windscreen, smoked headlight covers, nickle plated frame sliders, Jardine RT1 Carbon fiber slip on, LP fender eliminator, Scorpio SR-i600, leds all over Luimoto seats pazzo levers power commander bmc race filters

Name: Manny
    VIN: 2009 #00943

Default Re: Cracked my top left fairing on 05 Rep

Here is the diagram for the middle cowls on Partzilla. Item number 4 is the left side middle cowl and Partzilla price is $247.47. Since Partzilla sources through other dealers/distributors, I would suggest taking the part number to your local dealer and having them check if that part is actually available.

Regarding touch-up paint, I believe your only source will be Color Rite. The have multiple options for touch-up pens, jars, pints, quarts, etc, and also paint alone or in packages with primer, sandpaper, tack cloth, prep wipes, etc. Keep in mind that the orange, red and blue are a two part paint (base color + top coat).

Name: corey

Quote Originally Posted by TrackSol View Post
    Here is the diagram for the middle cowls on Partzilla. Item number 4 is the left side middle cowl and Partzilla price is $247.47. Since Partzilla sources through other dealers/distributors, I would suggest taking the part number to your local dealer and having them check if that part is actually available.

Regarding touch-up paint, I believe your only source will be Color Rite. The have multiple options for touch-up pens, jars, pints, quarts, etc, and also paint alone or in packages with primer, sandpaper, tack cloth, prep wipes, etc. Keep in mind that the orange, red and blue are a two part paint (base color + top coat).
    Thanks alot bro it kinda sucks when your riding your bike and look down and see a cracked fairing and have no idea how it got there. Ive babied my Rep and the only other spot on it after all these years was when it leaned over in the moving truck when I moved down here.
    LP smoked windscreen, smoked headlight covers, nickle plated frame sliders, Jardine RT1 Carbon fiber slip on, LP fender eliminator, Scorpio SR-i600, leds all over Luimoto seats pazzo levers power commander bmc race filters

Name: David Portalatin
    VIN: 00729

I was just curious to know if the decals come already on the cowl?

Name: Manny
    VIN: 2009 #00943

Quote Originally Posted by Super~dave View Post
    I was just curious to know if the decals come already on the cowl?
    Yes they come with the decals already applied.

Name: David Portalatin
    VIN: 00729

Yes they come with the decals already applied.
    Thanks for the info.