Thread: Bikes cutting out

Name: corey

Default Bikes cutting out

When I ride my bike in low rpms it cuts out and back fires sometimes. Ive been riding superbikes since 94 and never had this happen before does anyone know what it could be. I read it could be fuel mixture or problems with my power commander. I re geared it recently but doubt thats whats causing this.
    Its just in low rpms when I get to moving in 2nd and up the bike is fine.
    LP smoked windscreen, smoked headlight covers, nickle plated frame sliders, Jardine RT1 Carbon fiber slip on, LP fender eliminator, Scorpio SR-i600, leds all over Luimoto seats pazzo levers power commander bmc race filters

Name: Manny
    VIN: 2009 #00943

Default Re: Bikes cutting out

Power Commanders an sometimes experience a hiccup and lose their map/tune and the same map has to be uploaded to the Power Commander. From what I gather on the internet, it doesn't happen often, but when it does, it seems to happen more on PCIII's than PCV's. You could try disconnecting the fuel commander and running the bike on the OEM computer. Aall you have to do is remove the Power Commander fuel injector bypass harness from the injectors and reconnect the OEM harness plugs directly to the injectors.

Quote Originally Posted by TrackSol View Post
    Power Commanders an sometimes experience a hiccup and lose their map/tune and the same map has to be uploaded to the Power Commander. From what I gather on the internet, it doesn't happen often, but when it does, it seems to happen more on PCIII's than PCV's. You could try disconnecting the fuel commander and running the bike on the OEM computer. Aall you have to do is remove the Power Commander fuel injector bypass harness from the injectors and reconnect the OEM harness plugs directly to the injectors.

I already set it to a zero map and that didnt do anything so I guess Ill have to remove it.
    LP smoked windscreen, smoked headlight covers, nickle plated frame sliders, Jardine RT1 Carbon fiber slip on, LP fender eliminator, Scorpio SR-i600, leds all over Luimoto seats pazzo levers power commander bmc race filters

Hey do I have to unplug the throttle body too? When I repaired my cracked frame with superglue its probably glued to the frame now and impossible to get off without screwing up the repair I did and cracking the fairing even worse. Just bad damn timing for **** first the power commander ****ing my bike up and then the cracked fairing that i have no idea how it happened. Have had no problems with the bike since I bought it in 07.

Name: Manny
    VIN: 2009 #00943

Quote Originally Posted by jet2233 View Post
    Hey do I have to unplug the throttle body too? When I repaired my cracked frame with superglue its probably glued to the frame now and impossible to get off without screwing up the repair I did and cracking the fairing even worse. Just bad damn timing for **** first the power commander ****ing my bike up and then the cracked fairing that i have no idea how it happened. Have had no problems with the bike since I bought it in 07.
    You may have to disconect the power commander from the TPS and reconnect the stock harness plug to the TPS. Without power to the PCV, I suspect the the stock computer may not get a good TPS reading if the power commander is still connected there.

If that's too much of a pain, there are other things you can check and eliminate. On my bike, it was cutting out and I found that the dashboard subharness had a faulty connection where it plugged into the main harness. I would wiggle it and move it in different directions and the dash would cut out. Every time it came back up the fuel pump would prime again. I took each pin out of the plug, scrubbed it with wire brush and reinserted. I did this one by one so as not to mix up the pin layout. I also did this to both sides of the connetion and then when finished put a ton of dielectric grease on the inside of both connectors and the backsides where the wires go through the plastic

You may have to disconect the power commander from the TPS and reconnect the stock harness plug to the TPS. Without power to the PCV, I suspect the the stock computer may not get a good TPS reading if the power commander is still connected there.

If that's too much of a pain, there are other things you can check and eliminate. On my bike, it was cutting out and I found that the dashboard subharness had a faulty connection where it plugged into the main harness. I would wiggle it and move it in different directions and the dash would cut out. Every time it came back up the fuel pump would prime again. I took each pin out of the plug, scrubbed it with wire brush and reinserted. I did this one by one so as not to mix up the pin layout. I also did this to both sides of the connetion and then when finished put a ton of dielectric grease on the inside of both connectors and the backsides where the wires go through the plastic

I was able to reset it by pushing the three buttons on the power commander and the bikes running fine now. Thanks for your help