Thread: Need new battery

Name: corey

Default Need new battery

My 2005 rep is cutting out and backfiring and I think its the battery. All I see on here is shorai and thats fine but no model numbers. What is the best
    one and what is the model number. Is the LFX14A4-BS12 a good battery?
    Thanks for any help.
    LP smoked windscreen, smoked headlight covers, nickle plated frame sliders, Jardine RT1 Carbon fiber slip on, LP fender eliminator, Scorpio SR-i600, leds all over Luimoto seats pazzo levers power commander bmc race filters

Name: Michael
    VIN: 2005/01174

Default Re: Need new battery

Quote Originally Posted by jet2233 View Post
    My 2005 rep is cutting out and backfiring and I think its the battery. All I see on here is shorai and thats fine but no model numbers. What is the best
    one and what is the model number. Is the LFX14A4-BS12 a good battery?
    Thanks for any help.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150303_102518.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	163.4 KB 
ID:	49060
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough." - Nicky Hayden R.I.P. 2017

Name: Paul
    VIN: 2015/0111

Cool Re: Need new battery

I went with an EarthX model the second time around.
    Abused the Shorai by not charging it for over a year: Shorai charger would bring it back to life but, it would be dead in a week!
    Battery Management circuitry built in on EarthX: no balancing of cells or special charger needed. Check out the capabilities of this on their website. Touched a wrench to a bolt installing it and it didn't hurt the battery .
    It will need a charger specific for a lithium battery though.
    See websites for model recommendation for your bike and charger for battery.
    I don't have access to a power plug in my parking area and need a battery without drama.
    Also, EarthX battery required side mount brackets to install on my 2015: not included with smaller battery models.
    Lithium's are fantastic: spins the motor over quickly.
    Last edited by paul13131313; Nov 14th, 2019 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Add text.
    2015 Repsol SP,Sato lever guards,HRC reservoir socks,Tech Spec clear tank pads,4x Go Pro mounts,EarthX battery,Shock recall completed,Repsol Hugger,R&G Ti radiator guard,frame and f/r axle sliders,tail tidy,Motobriiz chain luber,Rene/FP Racing rear caliper relocator bracket in BK Camo. 2013 Red Fury for a daily driver and 2008 Yamaha Road Star.

Name: Paul
    VIN: 2015/0111

Cool Re: Need new battery

Well,
    My conclusion after a week of commuting, me likey!
    2015 Repsol SP,Sato lever guards,HRC reservoir socks,Tech Spec clear tank pads,4x Go Pro mounts,EarthX battery,Shock recall completed,Repsol Hugger,R&G Ti radiator guard,frame and f/r axle sliders,tail tidy,Motobriiz chain luber,Rene/FP Racing rear caliper relocator bracket in BK Camo. 2013 Red Fury for a daily driver and 2008 Yamaha Road Star.