Thread: Judge Judy and the Repsol.

Name: Tony

Default Judge Judy and the Repsol.

Just had to say something about this one. On Judge Judy today a Repsol brother was trying to get satisfaction for some repairs done to his machine (crashed in Feb.) from a repair shop mechanic. The gist of it was, non OEM parts were used to some degree and a repair bill of about $5000.00. The owner paid out of pocket for the repairs and was waiting on a law suit settlement which he hoped would cover his repairs (law suit still pending). Sad to say but he lost his case. Just wondering if he's one of the members. Florida was the home state I believe. Jamie (rider) Kyle was the mechanic.

T.

Name: Mario
    VIN: 2007 #00012

Default Re: Judge Judy and the Repsol.

I am watching it right now!!!!!!!
    1990 Honda RC30 VFR750R...............1979 Honda CBX Red.......1978 Yamaha RD400
    1984 Honda VF1000F Interceptor.......1979 Honda CBX Silver.....2001 CBR1100XX
    1982 Suzuki GS1000 Katana...............1976 Kawasaki KZ900......1982 Kawasaki GPz1100
    1995 Honda CB1000 Big One..............1983 Honda CB1100F......1973 Kawasaki H1 500 Mach 3

Name: Mario
    VIN: 2007 #00012

Tony , he did not have it in writing that origianl honda parts are to be used..... I believe that is where he failed.
    1990 Honda RC30 VFR750R...............1979 Honda CBX Red.......1978 Yamaha RD400
    1984 Honda VF1000F Interceptor.......1979 Honda CBX Silver.....2001 CBR1100XX
    1982 Suzuki GS1000 Katana...............1976 Kawasaki KZ900......1982 Kawasaki GPz1100
    1995 Honda CB1000 Big One..............1983 Honda CB1100F......1973 Kawasaki H1 500 Mach 3

Name: Shane
    VIN: 07/0286

Quote Originally Posted by SIXDOG View Post
    Tony , he did not have it in writing that origianl honda parts are to be used..... I believe that is where he failed.
    Sucks for the rider/customer and a super expensive lesson learned...
    Quote Originally Posted by Repsol Dave View Post
    Long live the Magnificent '07!!! ()
    Quote Originally Posted by ddgith
    I think an 07 guy should have to pay triple the value, since "yours is the 'sweetest' machine"

Yeah I hear ya SixD,
    It started out bad from the git go as I saw it. I thought he (repsol dude) confused JJ with the mention of the pending insurance suit. Should have just kept with the "wrong parts" story and the mechanic route. It didn't mater in the end of course. JJ is all about "get it in writing or have a contract" or all bets are off. I liked that repsol dude knew about the limited availability of Repsol parts/VIN required to purchase etc. Sad costly lesson as waialaeboy states.

T.

Name: Alec

Do you think JJ could have handled this case differently?

My wife routinely dials in Judge Judy as we cook dinner. I sometimes wonder if, because it is a timed broadcast show, that she only has x amount of time to deal with each case, even given that it is taped and can be edited. The pace sometimes is very quick. JJ does not suffer fools either,..you either got your ducks in a row or you do not. I do not remember all the details of the case but wonder if the rider could have pushed the issue by showing the diff between aftermarket parts prices versus OEM. I don't think it came out that the mechanic scored the extra cash because he charged OEM prices for aftermarket parts? I may be in error on that account..as there was mention of "some savings".

Watching is of course an education often times. You need to understand that if you can not prove your case with hard evidence in hand, that most likely you going to loose.

Over the years that we have watched I do see a trend with JJ,..she seems to hold members of her own sex in total contempt! You have a much better chance of wining your day in her court if your a male. In male v female cases, females tend to come out on the loosing end of things. That's very much a generalization of course, all cases are different, put she sure takes her pound of flesh from female litigants.

T.