Thread: New from Ohio. Introduction.

Name: Bradley

Default New from Ohio. Introduction.

New owner of a 2018 cbr1000rr Repsol !

Not ridden yet. Too cold. Cant wait to give it a spin.

Most probably have a bit more kick than my cruiser

My wife thinks I will kill myself. My son wants to ride it first and I want to make sure its set to "rain mode" before I throw a leg over it.
    Last edited by Timmfam; Dec 31st, 2019 at 02:22 PM.

Name: Paul
    VIN: 2015/0111

Cool Re: New from Ohio. Introduction.

Hello Timmfam,
    First I've heard of a 2018 Repsol!
    Pictures please?
    Anticipating BK, who started this forum, showing up any second now with his BAN HAMMER!
    Suggest pictures asap!
    1000rr is as tame or aggressive as you want it to be. Original Fireblade had a sitcker on it saying "Total Control" meaning it was designed to be easily ridden with all parts working together in unison.
    Suggest having suspension professionally adjusted for your weight/riding style and enjoy it fully! It is an awesome bike to ride, as it is meant to be ridden.
    2015 Repsol SP,Sato lever guards,HRC reservoir socks,Tech Spec clear tank pads,4x Go Pro mounts,EarthX battery,Shock recall completed,Repsol Hugger,R&G Ti radiator guard,frame and f/r axle sliders,tail tidy,Motobriiz chain luber,Rene/FP Racing rear caliper relocator bracket in BK Camo. 2013 Red Fury for a daily driver and 2008 Yamaha Road Star.

Default Re: New from Ohio. Introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by paul13131313 View Post
    Hello Timmfam,
    First I've heard of a 2018 Repsol!
    Pictures please?
    Anticipating BK, who started this forum, showing up any second now with his BAN HAMMER!
    Suggest pictures asap!
    1000rr is as tame or aggressive as you want it to be. Original Fireblade had a sitcker on it saying "Total Control" meaning it was designed to be easily ridden with all parts working together in unison.
    Suggest having suspension professionally adjusted for your weight/riding style and enjoy it fully! It is an awesome bike to ride, as it is meant to be ridden.

In a way I guess you are correct. It was not bought in the Repsol livery. But it has had a custom Repsol paint job. I hope that it qualifies as a Repsol if it has been added post factory. It looks very similar to the others I see on here.

I will add pic soon. Need to trim and reduce size I am guessing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191227_130012.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	713.1 KB 
ID:	49071

Hope this pic upload is successful.

Ok Timmfam,
    That explains it. We call that a "fakesol"
    We tolerate them as long as their not trying to promote them as real Repsols.
    Still looking forward to the pictures and enjoy the forum.
    2015 Repsol SP,Sato lever guards,HRC reservoir socks,Tech Spec clear tank pads,4x Go Pro mounts,EarthX battery,Shock recall completed,Repsol Hugger,R&G Ti radiator guard,frame and f/r axle sliders,tail tidy,Motobriiz chain luber,Rene/FP Racing rear caliper relocator bracket in BK Camo. 2013 Red Fury for a daily driver and 2008 Yamaha Road Star.

Lol. That makes it more exclusive as its in the minority here!

All jokes aside. It most probably makes more sense for me to join a generic CBR1000 forum then as any questions I have pertaining to my specific year wont be readily answered as there arent many 2017 or 2018 models on this forum. If any !

My model has throttle by wire control. Great for us newbies but no doubt frowned upon by the purists.

Name: Shane
    VIN: 07/0286

Aloha from the 5-0 Bradley...!

Paul’s right in that the Fireblade is as mild or wild as you want it to be. It’s called the ‘gentlemans’ sportbike for a reason. Tuning and how you prefer to ride will determine how crazy your bike gets...

Fakesols have a place here in the Forum for sure. I’ve seen some SUPER dope fakeys. As far as info pertaining to your model year CBR, RepsolForum is a great resource for mods, custom stuff, etc. but you’re right about our small member base and as you would expect a much smaller pool of data...

Have a great time on the forum...!
    Quote Originally Posted by Repsol Dave View Post
    Long live the Magnificent '07!!! ()
    Quote Originally Posted by ddgith
    I think an 07 guy should have to pay triple the value, since "yours is the 'sweetest' machine"

Master of '09 Hotness! Repsol Dave's Avatar

Name: Dave
    VIN: 2009 #00240

Hi Bradley!! Welcome from New York City!! I'm not the admin, but I would say you are most definitely welcome here!! Even factory painted Repsol's are Stock CBR 1000RR's under the skin, until we get to modifying. Repsol or Fakesol, we're all have in common that we're lovers of the bike!! It's true, the CBR 1000RR will give you back what you put in to it! It's just as happy doing the daily commute to and from work, as it is ripping backroads or tearing up the track!! Get the suspension professionally set up and then go rip and you'll be rewarded with a bike that handles like nothing you've ever ridden before!! It will inspire more than enough confidence to go out and do something truly stupid!!! Have fun!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by waialaeboy View Post
    ..............Maybe you shoulda picked up an '09...:
    The Sun Never Sets on the '09 Empire!
    RIDE LIKE DAVE!

Thanks guys, glad I am not "Persona non grata"

A week ago I had no idea that fakesol was a thing. Thanks to my trusted assistant Google I am a bit more enlightened.

I take some consolation from the fact it was not set of cheap plastic fairings or decals/stickers. The Repsol livery was professionally applied, painted on only. Ie looks pretty good.

I cant wait for warmer weather and a chance to throw a leg over it. I will be sure to let you know how my first ride went.

Having previously had an adventure bike it seems so small.

Better pic

Name:	Screenshot_20200103-192929.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	244.7 KB 
ID:	49072

Very nicely and uniquely done.
    See Dave Moss Tuning website for remote suspension tuning service. Also local shop may be familiar with his methods. Suggest calling around.

Name: Manny
    VIN: 2009 #00943

I knew I recogized THAT bike.

Your name, location and username tipped me off. You're the guy that won the AMA 2019 bike raffle. Wow!

Welcome to the forum you lucky son of a gun!

AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame selects winning ticket for two custom Hondas
    2018 Honda CBR1000RR and a 2018 Honda XR650L won by Bradley Timm

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Bradley Timm of Westerville, Ohio, was selected Friday, Dec. 6, as the winner of the two Honda motorcycles that were customized to celebrate the life of AMA Motorcycle Hall of Famer Nicky Hayden, the late MotoGP World Champion.

Maggie McNally-Bradshaw, chair of the American Motorcyclist Association Board of Directors, selected the winning ticket in a drawing at the Hilton Downtown Columbus before the 2019 KTM AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.

A four-year AMA member, Timm moved to the United States from South Africa 10 years ago. He currently rides AMA-sanctioned dual sports and enduros in southern Ohio. He said that he was inspired to buy a single raffle ticket while attending the American International Motorcycle Expo that was held in Columbus, Ohio, Sept. 26-29.

“That thumper just caught my eye,” Timm said. “I had an old thumper when I was much younger, and I was really drawn to that XL650. That is just one cool bike. I recently started riding bikes again, and I just love the off-road stuff. I have some pals in the Hocking Valley Motorcycle Club and they show me around the trails a lot. I enjoy riding with my son off road. I’ll definitely be riding that thumper. I’m riding it–that’s for sure! I’ve bought plenty of raffle tickets in the past and nothing has ever come from it, so I’m just thrilled.”

American Honda donated a 2018 Honda CBR1000RR and a 2018 Honda XR650L, which were customized by Tony Prust of Analog Motorcycles and Jason LeCavalier of Artistimo Customs. The CBR1000RR is decked out in a full Repsol Honda livery, while the XR650L was heavily modified in a street-tracker motif.

Throughout 2019, the bikes toured select events and were on display at the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame on the AMA campus in Pickerington, Ohio.

That's one certificate of authenticity! Welcome to the Forum!
    Maybe BK will give you a forum name like "The Real Deal" if you stick around long enough to develop a suitable post count.
    And yes, no one here has all of that new-fangled electronic controls, at least not until they paint a current version in Repsol colors. I would like a 2020 version!
    Technical/Mods/Farkle info should be sought elsewhere.
    Last edited by paul13131313; Jan 8th, 2020 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Add text

Quote Originally Posted by TrackSol View Post
    I knew I recogized THAT bike.

Your name, location and username tipped me off. You're the guy that won the AMA 2019 bike raffle. Wow!

Welcome to the forum you lucky son of a gun!
    Yes. I am that lucky guy. I was a bit reluctant to disclose this information as some might consider me not a true fan as the bike found me. I had not paid my dues so to speak.

But I am very excited to have it and cant wait to ride it.

The XR conversion is pretty sweet too.
    Last edited by Timmfam; Jan 5th, 2020 at 08:52 AM.

Name: Manny
    VIN: 2009 #00943

Quote Originally Posted by Timmfam View Post
    Yes. I am that lucky guy. I was a bit reluctant to disclose this information as some might consider me not a true fan as the bike found me. I had not paid my dues so to speak.
    I wouldn't worry about that. There have been plenty of members here that got a Repsol just because they liked the way it looked and knew nothing about the Repsol Honda MotoGP team. Besides, I look at it as you have been chosen by the Repsol gods.

It's a nice bike, and I think it looks great with the older pre-2013 Repsol design in line with the design when Nicky Hayden rode on the team.

Master of '09 Hotness! Repsol Dave's Avatar

Name: Dave
    VIN: 2009 #00240

DUDE!!!!!!! That is cool as hell!!!! Congratulations Bradley!!!! Even if this wasn't the case, you would still be welcome here. But right on man!!! You're gonna love the bike!! And welcome to the forum, and the Repsol Family!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nicky Salute.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	299.2 KB 
ID:	49073
    Quote Originally Posted by waialaeboy View Post
    ..............Maybe you shoulda picked up an '09...:
    The Sun Never Sets on the '09 Empire!
    RIDE LIKE DAVE!

Thanks for the welcome guys. And I agree with all of you, the Repsol livery is the best looking out there.

Roll on spring. I have left the bikes at the AMA museum till then. And then the fun begins.

Name: Shane
    VIN: 07/0286

Better pic

Name:	Screenshot_20200103-192929.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	244.7 KB 
ID:	49072
    ‘The wand chooses the wizard’ and the ‘18 Reppie chose you! What a crazy way to get a bike you lucky summbeech...!

I like it, I really do. My favorite little tweaks are the Nicky69 decal/paint on the underside of the tail fairing. Also the RC213V decal/paint is a nice touch. The black/red rear sets look dope too...
    Last edited by waialaeboy; Jan 8th, 2020 at 06:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Repsol Dave View Post
    Long live the Magnificent '07!!! ()
    Quote Originally Posted by ddgith
    I think an 07 guy should have to pay triple the value, since "yours is the 'sweetest' machine"

Name: Michael
    VIN: 2005/01174

But I am very excited to have it and cant wait to ride it.

The XR conversion is pretty sweet too.
    Welcome! "We know who you are We know what you have done" "Q" p.s. very nice job
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough." - Nicky Hayden R.I.P. 2017