Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New from Ohio. Introduction.

Name: Bradley

Default Re: New from Ohio. Introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by flyinpastevery1 View Post
    very cool looking bike ... The rims are a little dark for my liken but still very cool
    My phone camera struggles with the oranges. In person the hues are different and much nicer than in the pic.

Name: Jason

Ha, first time I ever heard of "Fakesol". A few interesting bits about that bike, the colors are not the same as replica Repsols from the factory. If you parked this one next to one of those it would look like a Ferrari next to a brick. The colors are much brighter. The reason being they are matched to Nicky's 2006 RC211V racebike instead of the street versions. I wish there was more time to do the paintwork on both bikes and find better parts but there just wasn't. I want to do one more with an SP2. Bare aluminum frame, upgraded suspension and wheels, etc. I'd source a set of WSBK fairings or similar so that the tail could be painted more like the race tails along with number placement. I cut the tank cover up a bit and welded filler pieces in so that it doesn't have the recessed area for the original Honda badges and looks better with the wing logos. On a sort of related note, I finally completed the collection of Nicky Repsol race helmets from 2003-2008. One helmet from each season. Picked up one of the Indianapolis 2008 (Colts design) helmets four years ago before Nicky passed and it was stolen. Recently managed to get it back. So pretty happy about that. All of them will be available to view at the museum when we open. Working on the plan to break ground this year near Road America.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NickyRC-CBR.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	246.3 KB 
ID:	49172

Name: Paul
    VIN: 2015/0111

Cool Re: New from Ohio. Introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Artistimo View Post
    Ha, first time I ever heard of "Fakesol". A few interesting bits about that bike, the colors are not the same as replica Repsols from the factory. If you parked this one next to one of those it would look like a Ferrari next to a brick. The colors are much brighter. The reason being they are matched to Nicky's 2006 RC211V racebike instead of the street versions. I wish there was more time to do the paintwork on both bikes and find better parts but there just wasn't. I want to do one more with an SP2. Bare aluminum frame, upgraded suspension and wheels, etc. I'd source a set of WSBK fairings or similar so that the tail could be painted more like the race tails along with number placement. I cut the tank cover up a bit and welded filler pieces in so that it doesn't have the recessed area for the original Honda badges and looks better with the wing logos. On a sort of related note, I finally completed the collection of Nicky Repsol race helmets from 2003-2008. One helmet from each season. Picked up one of the Indianapolis 2008 (Colts design) helmets four years ago before Nicky passed and it was stolen. Recently managed to get it back. So pretty happy about that. All of them will be available to view at the museum when we open. Working on the plan to break ground this year near Road America.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NickyRC-CBR.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	246.3 KB 
ID:	49172
    Museum????
    Repsols have a museum now???
    I'm going to visit next time up in that area again.
    Thanx for the work of love and sharing this fantastic news!
    Wow, wow, wow!!!!!!
    2015 Repsol SP,Sato lever guards,HRC reservoir socks,Tech Spec clear tank pads,4x Go Pro mounts,EarthX battery,Shock recall completed,Repsol Hugger,R&G Ti radiator guard,frame and f/r axle sliders,tail tidy,Motobriiz chain luber,Rene/FP Racing rear caliper relocator bracket in BK Camo. 2013 Red Fury for a daily driver and 2008 Yamaha Road Star.

Name: Jason

Quote Originally Posted by paul13131313 View Post
    Museum????
    Repsols have a museum now???
    I'm going to visit next time up in that area again.
    Thanx for the work of love and sharing this fantastic news!
    Wow, wow, wow!!!!!!
    Not a Repsol museum, specifically, but a roadracing museum. Lots of history from AMA, BSB, WSBK and MotoGP for the most part. Many suits, helmets, fairings to display.

Name: Hillbilly

Welcome! Bike looks good! Warm weather here in the south so riding season has begun Hope you enjoy the forum and if you need any info just ask around. Lots of good folks around here. Ride safe bud.
    When in doubt, power out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12