Thread: Hello, jus put an 09’ in the garage

Name: Eric

Default Hello, jus put an 09’ in the garage

Hello again and thanks for havin me! Back in the day I owned an 05’ and visited occasionally. I’ve recently purchased an 09’ with 3k miles and Im in love. I’ve owned an 99 Zx9r, 14 GSXR 1000 and a few others over the years and have enjoyed them all. Ever since the 09 Repsol came out I kinda had “a thing“ for that model. Had it on wallpapers (on my phone) over the years and would do periodic searches for them. Came across this one and made her mine.

Bike was completely stock. Put a new battery and installed a tidy tail to clean up the rear end. I purchased some new Bridgestone Battlax S21’s (online $60 rebate currently). When wheels were at tire shop the rear wheel was chipped and scratched badly. front wheel was mounted the wrong direction. It was depressing. I left the store and drove straight to another shop and had them tore down and right over to the powder coaters. This process of trying to choose an orange wasn’t easy but ultimately decided on the “new tucker orange”. Seen many recommended it so I hope it’s the right pick. My bike plastics seem to be a bit faded. When removing rear seat the orange is darker underneath. I’m a bit worried the wheels will look much darker than the body. I’ve been stressing about it but it’s time to make my move so fingers crossed. Almost convinced myself to do black chrome but I love the orange. My wife’s been a good sport but I’m sure I’ve been driving her nutz with this. Almost picked up a set of used 15 repsol wheels but they had some scratches themselves so no go.

Anyhow, thanks again for having me and I’ll try to chime in more often!
    Last edited by Rep7070; Apr 29th, 2020 at 12:02 AM.

Master of '09 Hotness! Repsol Dave's Avatar

Name: Dave
    VIN: 2009 #00240

Default Re: Hello, jus put an 09’ in the garage

Don't stress it too much. You got an '09 so you're doing just fine. The lightest, fastest, best handling, of the Repsol Family!!! (So far....) Enjoy it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by waialaeboy View Post
    ..............Maybe you shoulda picked up an '09...:
    The Sun Never Sets on the '09 Empire!
    RIDE LIKE DAVE!

Name: Paul
    VIN: 2015/0111

Cool Re: Hello, jus put an 09’ in the garage

Welcome Eric
    Dave is correct, which I as a former owner of an 09, can verify. So much fun!
    Suggest getting suspension setup professionally for your weight/style of riding ASAP.
    Enjoy the bike and forum.
    Last edited by paul13131313; Apr 30th, 2020 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Add texr
    2015 Repsol SP,Sato lever guards,HRC reservoir socks,Tech Spec clear tank pads,4x Go Pro mounts,EarthX battery,Shock recall completed,Repsol Hugger,R&G Ti radiator guard,frame and f/r axle sliders,tail tidy,Motobriiz chain luber,Rene/FP Racing rear caliper relocator bracket in BK Camo. 2013 Red Fury for a daily driver and 2008 Yamaha Road Star.

Name: Eric

Default Re: Hello, jus put an 09’ in the garage

Thanks guys much appreciated