Thread: Tire recommendations?

Name: Jenna
    VIN: #1209

Default Tire recommendations?

Good morning ladies! So after a few years of minimal riding I have decided to break the orange gal out of stable and take her for a long ride. Wow... I missed that feeling.

But I have a question. I need new tires, and am curious what people are running and what they do/donít like about them.

Currently I have BT003ís and have had success with them, but I was told they are no longer available. I know a few tires prior I tried something else that I did not like, but that was probably 10 years ago... and thereís no way Iíll ever remember!

Shop recommends either... Bridgestone S22, Michelin PP 2CT, or Dunlop of some sort that were much cheaper (therefore I am skeptical).
    Last edited by cbr_chick_nh; May 5th, 2021 at 07:08 AM.
    "We don't ride fast, we fly low"

Name: Eric
    VIN: 0369

Default Re: Tire recommendations?

The S22 Bridgestones are a brilliant tire. I heavily tracked them on my ZX14R and there were magnificent. I was instructing for Lone Star Track Days and using my 14 . They wear well, heat up quickly, and have great grip even in the rain. Iím getting my Repsol back in a few days and will be running the 22s within a couple weeks !

Name: Hillbilly

Quote Originally Posted by cbr_chick_nh View Post
    Good morning ladies! So after a few years of minimal riding I have decided to break the orange gal out of stable and take her for a long ride. Wow... I missed that feeling.

But I have a question. I need new tires, and am curious what people are running and what they do/donít like about them.

Currently I have BT003ís and have had success with them, but I was told they are no longer available. I know a few tires prior I tried something else that I did not like, but that was probably 10 years ago... and thereís no way Iíll ever remember!

Shop recommends either... Bridgestone S22, Michelin PP 2CT, or Dunlop of some sort that were much cheaper (therefore I am skeptical).
    Jenna, grab a set of Pirelli TD tires. They work well on the street and if you decide to hit a track you donít have to use warmers. Putting a set on my new Buell soon and a set on my Repsol. I have a new set of Dunlop Q4s Iíd sell you if you want to try them. Just hit me up. Iíll help ya out.
    When in doubt, power out!

Name: Jenna
    VIN: #1209

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry Bomb View Post
    Jenna, grab a set of Pirelli TD tires. They work well on the street and if you decide to hit a track you donít have to use warmers. Putting a set on my new Buell soon and a set on my Repsol. I have a new set of Dunlop Q4s Iíd sell you if you want to try them. Just hit me up. Iíll help ya out.
    Thanks !
    The Bridgestone stickers are peeling off the bike, so it seems to be a good time to lose them... still undecided what to get but will definitely keep this in mind!
    "We don't ride fast, we fly low"

Name: Hillbilly

Quote Originally Posted by cbr_chick_nh View Post
    Thanks !
    The Bridgestone stickers are peeling off the bike, so it seems to be a good time to lose them... still undecided what to get but will definitely keep this in mind!
    Been on Pirellis for a cpl years now. I have a great Pirelli rep so if you really want some let me know. I may keep the Q4s on the Reppie for now. Tried smoking the rear earlier and it just pulled the front up.
    When in doubt, power out!