Thread: COPS DUI CHARGES DROPPED......WOOOW U GUYS WERE RIGHT.

Name: Rob
    VIN: 2009/0076

Default COPS DUI CHARGES DROPPED......WOOOW U GUYS WERE RIGHT.

DUI counts against IMPD officer dropped
    Posted: Aug 19, 2010 1:52 PM EDT Updated: Aug 19, 2010 6:05 PM EDT
    Indianapolis - Several charges were dropped Thursday against the Indianapolis Metro Police officer charged in a deadly crash. Prosecutors say the blood test that showed him legally drunk cannot be used in court against him.
    Marion County Prosecutor Carl Brizzi says the DUI blood test which showed that Officer David Bisard had a blood alcohol content of .19 was not done properly, and now he has to drop several charges against the officer.
    Bisard, 36, was involved in a high-speed crash August 6 while driving his squad car. He struck a group of motorcyclists who were waiting at a red light at East 56th Street and Brendon Way, killing 30-year-old Eric Wells and critically injuring two others.
    Bisard's blood alcohol content was .19, according to a blood draw taken after the crash. Prosecutors charged the K-9 officer with seven felonies including reckless homicide. The DUI-related charges were dropped, but two were added.
    Bisard is still charged with reckless homicide and two counts of criminal recklessness after he slammed into the back of two motorcycles.
    "The system failed. Our investigation failed. We are embarrassed. We apologize to the family. We apologize to the community," said Dr. Frank Straub, public safety director.
    It was a stunning admission by the city's top public safety chief, and it came after Officer David Bisard left court free to get behind the wheel again.
    Judge Grant Hawkins ruled Bisard could keep his driver's license. Prosecutor Carl Brizzi blames the snafu on the investigating officers who were on the scene of the deadly crash where Eric Wells died and two others were injured.
    "Obviously we're pleased with the judge's ruling and we're gonna leave it at that," said John Kautzman, Bisard's attorney.
    "I am frustrated because there is an appearance, whether it's accurate or not, that something was amiss," said Marion County Prosecutor Carl Brizzi.
    Hours later at a hastily called news conference, Brizzi and Straub announced an FBI investigation and that four DUI-related charges against Bisard would be dropped. They said the blood was not drawn by a certified medical official, a mistake that could have been avoided if the Fatal Alcohol Crash Team had taken Bisard to a hospital for the draw.
    "We believe that the crime lab's analysis was accurate," said Straub. "So we're not calling into question the science. The process is what we're calling into question."
    "As a result of that, all of the counts in the charging information that are directly related to the blood alcohol content of .19 will be dismissed by state's motion," said Brizzi.
    Bisard still faces three felony counts, the most serious, reckless homicide, and two counts of criminal recklessness.
    Now Chief Ciesielski, once convinced his officers did not observe any clues Bisard was intoxicated, isn't so sure.
    "I'm saying I have full faith in the investigation as it goes forward will unveil the truth," said the chief.
    As a result of the botched investigation, the commander of IMPD's DUI unit has been removed, and Metro Chief Paul Ciesielski will review and search for talented police officers to be reassigned to the Professional Standards Division.
    Public Safety Director Frank Straub also discussed the need to address issues of excessive force leveled against IMPD. "Integrity, professionalism and respect are the hallmarks of this department," he said "We will not tolerate, we will not accept, this conduct, excessive use of force, corruption or any disrespectful conduct to the citizens of this city."
    Related stories:
    Life is much better with
    the Repsol in it.......lol

Name: mike
    VIN: 00868

Default Re: COPS DUI CHARGES DROPPED......WOOOW U GUYS WERE RIGHT.

holy shat. this idiot is gonna walk away with a paid suspension. our justice system can be so f-ed up sometimes. it just grinds my gears.
    Bad news, its open season on chumps and I just got my permit.
    -07 Repsol- like white on rice. Giggity.
    -02 F4i Streetfighter- it wins trophies and sh1t
    -06 AnvEd R6- "20k redline" beater

As seen on page 56 JohnnyComeLately's Avatar

Name: John
    VIN: 2007 / 00142

He's got 3 charges, with one stated a felony. I don't know if the criminal recklessness counts. I can tell you this. "Criminal" recklessness opens up huge doors of opportunity for the victim's family to get justice.

I'm really surprised they don't have a "wet reckless" like we have here in Cali. I had a drunk driver come through my wall (backyard) and he pled down to it. It still shows he was drinking and driving, but the burden of proof is much easier for the prosecution. Maybe that's the same.

Also, the Chief __fired__ the supervisor. I'm impressed. Cops usually really cover for their own to the levels of absurdity. He not only fired him, but made it public and went an extra step to lambast the section he supervised.

I have a great deal of respect for the law and the Chief in this case. Rules of law have to be followed, and when they weren't, the charges were dropped. Similarly, if I'm in court and I prove beyond a reasonable doubt the officer has no idea how to use his laser radar (cause he clocked the guy passing me), unlike the courts of Vista, California, the charges should be dropped. It goes both ways. In this case the Chief saw what was going on and took action. That's all he can do, and one could easily argue he could have dodged this by saying, "We are waiting on the results of the pending investigation," or, "We can't comment on an open, pending case." No, he fired him and publicly stated he wasn't going to tolerate unprofessionalism.

Guys like this Chief, from what little I know about him, are rare today.

2007 #142 RIP because a b!tch couldn't wait three more seconds to turn. FYI-Rene's Clear Clutch Cover holds up to a good, solid pancake hit to the pavement.

Name: Nikki
    VIN: 2007/0737

wow wtf? The DUI "crew" should have known better..
    But as I said before EVERYONE gets off too easily with DUI charges. Thankfully this is very public so it doesnt really need to be on his record to be known.
    And he was charged with a felony so there is no way he can be a cop again.. which is good.

Margarita Peace Keeper Thrasher's Avatar

Name: Thrasher
    VIN: 2007/0049

Angry Re: COPS DUI CHARGES DROPPED......WOOOW U GUYS WERE RIGHT.

As a result of the botched investigation, the commander of IMPD's DUI unit has been removed, I think hes just been reassigned. As for the Officer he has ruined his life, his famlies life and countless lives of those families and the rider he killed. Another Black Eye for cops. Lets see what the court does?????
    “Calling upon my years of experience, I froze at the controls.”
    – Stirling Moss
    The Sun Never Sets on the 07 Empire!

Name: Christopher
    VIN: 2007 / 0753

Wow I knew we were not going to like the results, but it just goes to show you what kind of stuff we have to put up with in our justice system.

REPSOL PASSENGERS
    You gota Love'em

Name: POSER

Thumbs down Re: COPS DUI CHARGES DROPPED......WOOOW U GUYS WERE RIGHT.

It is a sad day when the so called experts cover up for this drunk officer. There is be a double standard. Can I be a cop in Indianapolis? I can break the law and my fellow officers will cover for me. I cannot imagine the pain that this bringing upon the families that are involved........ My condolences.......

Margarita Peace Keeper Thrasher's Avatar

Name: Thrasher
    VIN: 2007/0049

I work in government and I see more incompetance then cover up here, but you never know
    “Calling upon my years of experience, I froze at the controls.”
    – Stirling Moss
    The Sun Never Sets on the 07 Empire!

Name: Ryan
    VIN: 00007

i called it NO JUSTICE JUST A SLAP ON THE WRIST!~
    Custom Exhaust, Full Cerramic Jardine, Swingarm spools, Power Commander, Custom CRG Levers, Custome Seat, Drop down 1 tooth front sprocket, Rear sets, Braidedlines front and rear, custome caps rez, custome gas cap, Clear clutch cover

Name: Ryan
    VIN: 00007

lets go find where hes workign and get wasted and take him away from his family by smashing my car into him!! thats how i feel!
    Custom Exhaust, Full Cerramic Jardine, Swingarm spools, Power Commander, Custom CRG Levers, Custome Seat, Drop down 1 tooth front sprocket, Rear sets, Braidedlines front and rear, custome caps rez, custome gas cap, Clear clutch cover

Name: Jennifer
    VIN: 2007/0029

That's just totally unacceptable...WTF is wrong with the system?

In Canada, if you are caught with anything over a BAC of 0 and your under 21...the result is immediate license suspention and a 2 year probation. Anyone over 21 with a BAC over .05 is an immediate loss of license for 2 years with a car start breathalyzer to boot once your license is resubmitted.

Zero tolerance here and greatful for it!
    loved by some, hated by many, envied by most, yet wanted by plenty! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UePtoxDhJSw&ob=av2e

Name: Nikki
    VIN: 2007/0737

The US SUCKS when it comes to DUI laws. MANY get away with it and don't even get a slap on the wrist.

And this has happend many times before to non LE subjects. So don't be TOO quick to say cover up.

Name: OD

I see incompetance rather than a cover up...he may have gotten a slap on the wrist but now the civil suits will start and that will be the end of him...

Name: Brian

I am still stewing over this crap... guy needs to be hung.

Name: Mike
    VIN: 07/09190

Quote Originally Posted by LilTuffGirl View Post
    The US SUCKS when it comes to DUI laws. MANY get away with it and don't even get a slap on the wrist.

And this has happend many times before to non LE subjects. So don't be TOO quick to say cover up.
    Not only the US girl its seems like a world wide thing, it burns my ass as I dont drink but I get pulled over so many times.
    Ride it like you stole it.
    "Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous"
    Nicky Hayden Tissot Watch, Limited Edition 2007 No 02489

Name: Stratos

All that BS loophole $hit.The guy was drunk and thats the bottom line.It shouldn't matter who drew his blod.Its his blood.INJUSTICE and beaurocratic bs

Name: Gillam16

Ah! I have read about so many incidents like this today. Driving under influence is not what I support but in any major or emergency case it happens then one must have a good Los Angeles DUI lawyer in contacts. It can be very troublesome otherwise.