Thread: vBulletin Mobile Suite

Name: William
    VIN: 2005/0520

Exclamation vBulletin Mobile Suite

Not sure if you all are interested in this but there is a new vBulletin app for Android and iPhone. I would need enough donations in order to order this, but all members would be able to use it for free after that.

The world is going mobile - go mobile with it!
    Today we are proud to announce the long awaited vBulletin Mobile Suite which breaks new ground by empowering users to interact with your community via custom-branded iPhone and Android apps is here!

• Ever wanted to take a photo with your phone, and immediately post it in your favorite forum?
    • Been in an airport and got a reported post and wanted to take action on it right then and there?
    • Wanted to move your forum into the mobile app space? (10 billion app downloads have occurred in the past 3 years…)
    • Looked at expanding your revenue generating options?

The vBulletin Mobile Suite does all this, and more.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuA5wI1_9xw

The introductory price for both the iPhone and Android app (and other mobile items we are working on) is $99 for 12 months of updates and support.
    The Suite incorporates a comprehensive web-based customization providing the ability to maintain the unique character, functionality, and comfort of your vBulletin web presence in an iPhone and Android app. vBulletin handles development work and packages apps for you to submit to your iTunes store and Android marketplaces.

Post from your device, read from it, moderate from it, upload photos from it, customize it, charge for it (if you want!) and advertise through it.
    Find out more about it: www.vbulletin.com/mobile
    Also, check out our Mobile Suite FAQ

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

As seen on page 56 JohnnyComeLately's Avatar

Name: John
    VIN: 2007 / 00142

Default Re: vBulletin Mobile Suite

I will donate when I get home. Although I'm curious if this is a generic app for any vbull site or they're building one for just your site (which requires iOS SDK, approval, etc). Let me do some reading when I finish this 75 mike commute ride home

2007 #142 RIP because a b!tch couldn't wait three more seconds to turn. FYI-Rene's Clear Clutch Cover holds up to a good, solid pancake hit to the pavement.

Name: Shane
    VIN: 07/0286

Sick! I'm down to throw in some ends for it. I'm always logging in from my iPhone anyways. Plus, I think it would be cool to be able to upload photos from my phone instead of only from my 'puter...
    Quote Originally Posted by Repsol Dave View Post
    Long live the Magnificent '07!!! ()
    Quote Originally Posted by ddgith
    I think an 07 guy should have to pay triple the value, since "yours is the 'sweetest' machine"

Name: Vamsi
    VIN: 1450

Lightbulb Re: vBulletin Mobile Suite

Made my contribution...

OK, this isn't a simple, "Pay $99 and be done." You're looking at actually getting hooked into paying $189 YEARLY. The first $99 will be for them to create the custom app for you. Then, you need to pay Apple another $99 a year to become a "Developer," to submit the app these guys built for you.

So, you pony the $189, now what? You need an Apple iMac, MacBook, etc to compile the app they create, then you wait for Apple to approve your app, and then it's on the iTunes store for people to download.

This is sorta what I was saying a few weeks ago I'd start working on my own. I just haven't had the time or the extra $100 laying around. I do have two Mac's though (iMac, and MacBook Pro). I did pick up at work a iPhone SDK developers book today and read a good part of it.

So, my advice: Pass. I surf just fine with Safari browser, and if I'm in skim mode, I open the site with an RSS feeder via Google account.

2007 #142 RIP because a b!tch couldn't wait three more seconds to turn. FYI-Rene's Clear Clutch Cover holds up to a good, solid pancake hit to the pavement.

Name: Paul
    VIN: 2015/0111

Thumbs down Re: vBulletin Mobile Suite

What John said!
    Last edited by paul13131313; May 2nd, 2011 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Add text.
    2015 Repsol SP,Sato lever guards,HRC reservoir socks,Tech Spec clear tank pads,4x Go Pro mounts,EarthX battery,Shock recall completed,Repsol Hugger,R&G Ti radiator guard,frame and f/r axle sliders,tail tidy,Motobriiz chain luber,Rene/FP Racing rear caliper relocator bracket in BK Camo. 2013 Red Fury for a daily driver and 2008 Yamaha Road Star.

I think you are reading it wrong John. Let me look into it a bit more and see what is at stake. They have free three day trial I can check out.

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Well never mind, I can't even try the thing out because our support contract has run out. Thinking about it, I don't want to give this company any more money as the way they have handled the whole update process is pretty piss poor. They are trying to force you to upgrade to their new software for nearly $200.00.

Master of '09 Hotness! Repsol Dave's Avatar

Name: Dave
    VIN: 2009 #00240

I think it's a cool idea if it ain't a major pain in the butt. I'm down to kick in for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by waialaeboy View Post
    ..............Maybe you shoulda picked up an '09...:
    The Sun Never Sets on the '09 Empire!
    RIDE LIKE DAVE!

Well, we currently have the Tapatalk option which is what I use, it cost each user a few buks but it can be used on any forum what supports it.

Just added support for Tapatalk

Can iPhone users still not post pictures from Tapatalk?

Thanks, I'll check it out. Not to get off topic, but I ordered some swag a while ago, but still haven't seen it. You know anything about it? Ok back to the topic.........
    RIDE LIKE DAVE!

Thanks, I'll check it out. Not to get off topic, but I ordered some swag a while ago, but still haven't seen it. You know anything about it? Ok back to the topic.........
    Oh ****, you ordered the light blue reservoir cover right? I put yours together with all the others I sent out but didn't have a light blue on hand. I took it home to pull one out of my stock and must have forgot. It's probably sitting on my desk at home.

I'll get it out to you tomorrow bro, sorry. I'll throw something in there to make up for the delay.

I saw that 200 a year support. I would think that's for businesses who utilize the BB for business, not a hobbyist site like this one.

Also I fat fingered the number. It's 198 a year and if either go up, then it's more. Although once they build it I don't see how they can still charge or "take it back" if you don't pay. However they might have an ability to get Apple to suspend your app for nonpayment.

BB is based upon open source. I'm fairly certain we can figure something out that's at least free for the app creation. Once I have time and $100 I will seriously spend time to create a similar app. Mine will have more functionality around social (e g tie into Facebook) and event (eg have Motogp race info, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Oh ****, you ordered the light blue reservoir cover right? I put yours together with all the others I sent out but didn't have a light blue on hand. I took it home to pull one out of my stock and must have forgot. It's probably sitting on my desk at home.

I'll get it out to you tomorrow bro, sorry. I'll throw something in there to make up for the delay.
    No worries, I was just wondering. Thanks.
    RIDE LIKE DAVE!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Well, we currently have the Tapatalk option which is what I use, it cost each user a few buks but it can be used on any forum what supports it.

Just added support for Tapatalk

Can iPhone users still not post pictures from Tapatalk?
    I haven't tried it. I normally just log in through the browser on the iPhone. I guess it's Safari. I'll get the Tapatalk app and try it out...

Well here goes. Just downloaded the Tapatalk app and found my way to this thread.

http://tapatalk.com/mu/c6e4d041-9414-f25e.jpg

Here goes my picture upload attempt. It should be of my new Vans Vulc Christian Hosoi Kicks...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyComeLately
    BB is based upon open source. I'm fairly certain we can figure something out that's at least free for the app creation. Once I have time and $100 I will seriously spend time to create a similar app. Mine will have more functionality around social (e g tie into Facebook) and event (eg have Motogp race info, etc)
    Hey JCL, you got some skills with the App development eh? Get started mang! Your app sounds sick! If you need a kick down/fundraiser for the tools and whatnot I'll help out...
    Last edited by waialaeboy; May 3rd, 2011 at 04:48 PM.
    I think an 07 guy should have to pay triple the value, since "yours is the 'sweetest' machine"

Well its confirmed. Picture uploads from iPhone 'can' work with Tapatalk app (I just wasnt able to do it). The options we're buttons to upload to either 'repsolforum' or 'tapatalk' and the Repsolforum button was darkened out (meaning I couldn't press the button)...

Sorry for the fuss BK, I hadn't run across the thread with the Tapatalk info before.

Once I get the hang of navigating, it should be all good. I just miss the orange/purple website (cause it gives me the warm and fuzzies) and also I can't add my stoopid little 'smiley' faces and whatnot. I do however like the user interface. Real similar and familiar to standard iPhone apps...
    Last edited by waialaeboy; May 3rd, 2011 at 05:04 PM.

You should still be able to do smileys. You just have to do the right key strokes. : and D should be
    (take out spaces)
    is : o
    is : confused :
    is : p
    is ; )

Etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyComeLately View Post
    You should still be able to do smileys. You just have to do the right key strokes. : and D should be
    (take out spaces)
    is : o
    is : confused :
    is : p
    is ; )

Etc etc
    You're right but all that I see on the thread is :evil grin: instead of when looking through the Tapatalk app. I think imma stick to Safari to log into Repsolforum, mostly cause I'm already used to the interface but I really likey the 'orange everywhere' if you feel what I'm sayin'...

I'm not sure what my skill level is. I'm familiar with other object based languages and generally how APIs work but there is more to it. Then of course there is time. My 2.5 hours commuting per day is really killing how much I get done. I feel like I'm always either getting or giving "the short end of the stick" to family.

I haven't tried it. I normally just log in through the browser on the iPhone. I guess it's Safari. I'll get the Tapatalk app and try it out...

Well here goes. Just downloaded the Tapatalk app and found my way to this thread.

http://tapatalk.com/mu/c6e4d041-9414-f25e.jpg

Here goes my picture upload attempt. It should be of my new Vans Vulc Christian Hosoi Kicks...

Hey JCL, you got some skills with the App development eh? Get started mang! Your app sounds sick! If you need a kick down/fundraiser for the tools and whatnot I'll help out...